3 Healthy Iced Teas to Keep You HydratedApril, 2021
The temperature is rising – and what’s better on a warm day than fresh iced tea? Here are three healthy iced tea recipes you can easily make at home to stay hydrated while nourishing your body.
A healthy diet rich in a variety of vegetables and fruit may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Add fresh peaches for a tasty serving of fruit as well as green tea, ginger and honey for their antioxidants.
- 2 peaches
- Green tea, loose leaf or bagged
- Ginger, grated
- Honey, to taste
- Brew 4 cups of green tea the way you like it.
- In a blender, purée peaches then add to green tea.
- Mix in ginger and honey.
- Chill until ready to serve. Pour over ice.
Turmeric has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years since it boasts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties like ginger, cinnamon and honey. Mix it with lemon, which is a good source of vitamin C and promotes hydration, and you’ll have a refreshing tea you can feel good about.
- 8 cups water
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Juice from 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine water, lemons, ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon sticks in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave covered and allow the tea to cool.
- While cooling, add lemon juice and honey to a pitcher.
- Once cooled, strain tea into a pitcher, discarding the cinnamon sticks, ginger, and lemon slices.
- To serve, pour over ice.
Matcha has numerous benefits including being high in antioxidants – and tasty when used in an iced latte! Here’s a quick and easy way to mix one up.
- 1 ½ cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup ice
- In a blender, combine milk, matcha powder, and honey for 30 seconds or until matcha is smooth.
- Pour over ice.
Try these refreshing recipes this spring and summer and share your creations with us on Instagram by tagging @coldfx!