3 Healthy Iced Teas to Keep You HydratedApril, 2021
The temperature is rising – and what’s better on a warm day than fresh iced tea? Here are three healthy iced tea recipes you can easily make at home to stay hydrated while nourishing your body.
Ginger Peach Iced Green Tea
A healthy diet rich in a variety of vegetables and fruit may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Add fresh peaches for a tasty serving of fruit as well as green tea, ginger and honey for their antioxidants.
- 2 peaches
- Green tea, loose leaf or bagged
- Ginger, grated
- Honey, to taste
- Brew 4 cups of green tea the way you like it.
- In a blender, purée peaches then add to green tea.
- Mix in ginger and honey.
- Chill until ready to serve. Pour over ice.
Iced Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea
Turmeric has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years since it boasts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties like ginger, cinnamon and honey. Mix it with lemon, which is a good source of vitamin C and promotes hydration, and you’ll have a refreshing tea you can feel good about.
- 8 cups water
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Juice from 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine water, lemons, ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon sticks in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave covered and allow the tea to cool.
- While cooling, add lemon juice and honey to a pitcher.
- Once cooled, strain tea into a pitcher, discarding the cinnamon sticks, ginger, and lemon slices.
- To serve, pour over ice.
Iced Matcha Latte
Matcha has numerous benefits including being high in antioxidants – and tasty when used in an iced latte! Here’s a quick and easy way to mix one up.
- 1 ½ cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup ice
- In a blender, combine milk, matcha powder, and honey for 30 seconds or until matcha is smooth.
- Pour over ice.
Try these refreshing recipes this spring and summer and share your creations with us on Instagram by tagging @coldfx!